10 Pemberton Place, San Francisco, California 94114$2,995,000
This spectacular and unique 4 bedroom, 3 bath Clarendon Heights view estate is surrounded by almost a quarter acre of storybook manicured gardens featuring winding paths, multiple patios, gorgeous plantings, fruit trees, and a stunning rose garden. The home, built in 1928, has been meticulously maintained and loved by the same family for over 50 years. The main house consists of a spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bath residence, and a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom lower apartment with a separate entrance, as well as internal access to the main house. The main level offers stunning downtown, bay and East Bay views, as well as lush garden views from every room. This level features a formal entry, elegant living room, formal dining room, large kitchen with adjoining breakfast area, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a laundry room. The expansive upper level family room has sweeping views of the garden, downtown, and the bay. Stairs from the main level lead to the lower level, which offers a legal 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment also with a separate entry, and which is perfect for guests, an au pair or additional income. Large 2 car garage and a bonus room that has fantastic views and is ideal for an office, art studio, yoga room, or quiet space. Easy access to restaurants, shopping, and cafes, as well as transportation.
• Large and lush idyllic estate, evoking the feel of Carmel secretly tucked away in San Francisco’s Clarendon Heights neighborhood, is accessed both from the magical Pemberton steps and from Villa Terrace. The classic residence is enveloped by impressive gardens, lovingly curated and cared for by one family for over fifty years
• Completely detached and surrounded by expansive sun-drenched garden areas, the home offers large windows providing abundant natural light, downtown, bay and East Bay views to Mt. Diablo, and lush garden outlooks
• This well cared for home has been newly painted, and offers beautifully refinished hardwood floors and new lighting
• A charming stone path entry leads to terrazzo stairs and an elegant front porch with stunning downtown and bay views
• The formal entry opens to the exceptionally spacious living room with a handsome oversized fireplace, surrounded by a wall of built-in shelves and cabinetry, warm hardwood floors, and large windows providing bright natural light, downtown and bay views, and garden outlooks
• Elegant formal dining room with a contemporary chandelier, hardwood floors, and large windows providing bright natural light, downtown and bay views, and garden outlooks
• Light-flooded expansive kitchen with abundant storage, multiple windows with outlooks to the rear garden, a built-in double oven, large peninsula with cooktop, hood and storage, abundant counter space, and updated lighting
• Large adjoining breakfast room with hardwood floors, updated contemporary pendant lighting, and French doors opening to a charming outdoor patio perfect for al fresco dining, and the garden
• Incredibly bright and spacious primary bedroom with phenomenal downtown and bay views, hardwood floors, and garden outlooks
• Spacious bathroom with dual sinks, abundant storage, and large soaking tub with shower
• Two additional bedrooms on this level, both with hardwood floors and garden outlooks. One of these bedrooms has an ensuite bathroom with a stall shower.
• The laundry room, with washer and dryer, provides additional access to the rear garden, with a mature lemon tree, climbing greenery, and a charming stone walkway leading to the garage
• The upper level provides an expansive open family room and office with stunning unobstructed panoramic downtown and bay views, as well as garden outlooks and abundant storage closets
• The lowest level features a delightful newly carpeted 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment with large windows, a kitchen, and a door opening to the amazing garden. Additional storage and a door with garden access complete this level. The apartment, with an internal staircase from the main level, offers multiple additional options for a fourth bedroom, family room/media room, guest suite, or a home office on its own level
• Unique in San Francisco, the vast storybook gardens with meandering stone-lined paths and multiple enchanting outdoor patios, is filled with impressive mature plantings including hydrangeas, dahlias, fuschias, rhododendrons, camelias, apple, fig and lemon trees, and a plethora of various other blooming plants and herb beds. A beautiful rose garden is located on one side of the property adjacent to the Pemberton steps. Large manicured hedges provide additional privacy
• The garage structure includes a delightful bonus room, also with downtown and bay views and floor-to-ceiling windows, ideal for an office, art studio, yoga room or quiet space
• 2 car side-by-side garage with downtown and bay views
• Ideal location with easy access to Cole Valley, and Castro and Noe Valley cafes, restaurants, and shopping. Close proximity to Tank Hill and Twin Peaks. Exceptionally convenient to multiple MUNI lines as well as freeways.
SPECIAL NOTES: Disclosure package available from listing agents. Offers to be submitted on the San Francisco Association of Realtors purchase contract included with disclosures. Escrow has been opened with Michelle Patterson, DOMA
Property Type Residential, Single Family
Property Status: For Sale
Property Features Fireplace, Garage, Panoramic Views
Interested In This Property?
Owning a home is a great investment and it is key to plan your mortgage payments ahead of time. Calculate for your monthly mortgage using our free calculator below.