It’s time to mark your calendars for another eventful month. Here are the highlights coming your way in November:
- Watch live major league sports action with the NFL and the NBA
November is a great time to catch the NFL season in full swing as the hometown San Francisco 49ers take on the Oakland Raiders and the New York Giants on November 1 and 12.
Meanwhile, championship-caliber basketball returns to the Bay Area as the Golden State Warriors kick off their NBA title defense with nine home games at the Oracle Arena in Oakland.
- Get captivated by Cirque du Soleil
Cirque du Soleil’s Volta is an imaginative story of self-discovery rendered with the touring company’s signature brand of acrobatics and colorful set designs. Shows run Tuesday to Sunday starting November 16 all the way until the first week of January 2019. They will be staged Under the Big Top, Grand Chapiteau (where the AT&T Park parking area is located).
- Watch A Bronx Tale in the West Coast
Broadway returns to the Bay Area as A Bronx Tale opens November 27 at the Golden Gate Theater. The musical, co-directed by Robert De Niro, premiered in 2016 and tells the story of a young man in 1960s New York, who is torn between his love and reverence for his father and his aspirations to become a mob boss.
- Spend Thanksgiving by the Bay
November 22 and the days that follow are especially delightful here in San Francisco, thanks to a variety of exceptional ways to celebrate:
- – San Francisco Thanksgiving dinner cruises
Choose between a buffet dinner cruise on the San Francisco Belle or a four-course seated dinner aboard the California Hornblower.
– San Francisco Turkey Trot
Who says Thanksgiving is just about feasting? This casual fun run/walk at the Polo Fields in Golden Gate Park is sure to make you break a sweatwhile still capturing the lively spirit of the holiday.
– The Union Square holiday tree lighting ceremony
Let the Thanksgiving pleasantries carry over to the weekend. Head over to Union Square or Ghirardelli Square the day after Thanksgiving to catch the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
– Black Friday shopping spree
Expect Black Friday to be huge in a city like San Francisco. If you’re ready to brave the crowds, Union Square and the Westfield Shopping Center are the places you want to be at on that day. Pier 39 of Fisherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, and Embarcadero Center are also going to be loads of fun.
- Be part of all these lively local festivals
There’s something for everyone in San Francisco. Just take a look at this lineup of November festivals and expos:
– WhiskeyFest (November 2, Marriott Marquis)
– Pinot Days (November 3, Bespoke, Westfield Shopping Center)
– San Francisco International Tea Festival (Ferry Building Marketplace)
– Renegade Craft Fair (November 10-11, Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture)
– SF International Hip Hop Dancefest (November 16-18, Palace of Fine Arts Theater)
– San Francisco International Automobile Show (November 17-25, Moscone Center)
Remember, remember, it’s not just November – living in San Francisco is exciting all year round, and even more fun during the Christmas season! Learn about the many excellent opportunities to own a home here with Bernie and Mike Homes. Call us today at 415.906.6000 or 415.308.4281 for inquiries.