Things to Do at Fisherman’s Wharf
Located on San Francisco’s northern waterfront, Fisherman’s Wharf is situated on land formed out of the rubble of the San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906. It’s a testament to the resilience of the city and its people that the Wharf is now one of SF’s biggest attractions.
Lined with shops and restaurants, it’s the perfect place to visit on a sunny day with friends and family. Attractions such as the Aquarium of the Bay and Ripley’s Believe It or Not will give you plenty to do on your trip.
- Aquarium of the Bay is home to over 20,000 marine animals, from sharks and jellyfish, to otters and anchovies. Learn about the creatures of the deep and the current state of the world’s ocean. “Under the Bay,” the Aquarium’s largest and best-known exhibit, contains about 70,000 gallons of water and 200 species.
- Sea Lions Center serves as the home of a colony of California sea lions that come and go depending on the season and availability of food. The center also provides free educational programming on the natural history of these magnificent creatures, and the threats that they face in their natural environment.
Madame Tussauds San Francisco brings you life-size wax figures of your favorite actors, singers, athletes, and celebrities. Go on stage with Madonna and Adele, and take photos with Michael Jackson! “Alcatraz: Prison Breakout,” one of the highlights of the museum, is a one-hour escape room that requires you to gather clues and solve puzzles before the guards catch you.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not features over a dozen galleries that will fill you with awe and wonder. Find your way out of a mirror maze, dodge laser beams, and examine a collection of micro-miniature sculptures and other oddities.
Shopping and dining
- Cioppino’s serves calamari, red chili shrimp, prawn cocktail, and other delectable dishes. This well-loved Italian restaurant is known for amazing food at reasonable prices.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Scoop Shop brings you sundaes, shakes, smoothies, pints, and ice cream cakes. They also offer ice cream catering for private events.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Marketplace is a must-visit for chocolate lovers. This beloved brand brings you an assortment of products, from chocolate bars and squares, to chocolate powder and baking supplies.
- NorthPoint Shopping Center is a single stop for all your shopping needs, featuring a grocery store, pharmacy, fitness center, bank, spa, and postal office.
- Macy’s sells brand-name shoes and clothing for men, women, and children.
- Wattle Creek Winery features a lavish tasting room where you can sample the finest wines from Napa, Sonoma, and France. Club members have privileged access to Wattle Creek and its sister wineries, as well as discounts on wine and merchandise.
Live close to Fisherman’s Wharf and enjoy its finest attractions again and again! Call Bernard Katzmann at 415 906 6000 or send an email to KatzmannSF(at)gmail(dotted)com. You can also get in touch with Mike Shaw at 415 308 4281 and MShawSF(at)gmail(dotted)com.